Highlight/track changes/create notes/comments

Post any questions someone here may be able to help you with.
p2film@gmail.com

Highlight/track changes/create notes/comments

Post by p2film@gmail.com »

Is there a way to highlight text in a script?

Track changes?

Create notes?

Insert comments? I see the hide and show options in the menu for notes and comments but how do you create them?

On a related note when I tried to import my fdx script (95 pages) it only imported one page and coincidentally that page ended with a note created in final draft. It appeared as a text paragraph.

I ended up copying and then pasting the whole thing to get it in but no notes :-(
admin
Site Admin

Re: Highlight/track changes/create notes/comments

Post by admin »

To add a comment, highlight the relevant text (with nothing highlighted, it'll be attached to the whole paragraph/element) and either right-click and select "Comment..." or the shortcut is cmd+m (Mac) or ctrl+m (PC, Chrome OS).

For an inline note, in an empty paragraph/element, right-click and select "Note", or the shortcut is "[" (open square bracket).

Right now there isn't a way to track changes. We're speccing that at the moment, so if you have any input or specific requests, do please let us know.

Hope that helped.

Apologies for the FDX note import problem, I'll find out what's going on there and fix it asap.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As of a few days ago, FDX import (and export) has been greatly improved, including inline notes.

Hope it works for you.
p2film@gmail.com

Post by p2film@gmail.com »

Hey there - any progress on tracking changes? Do different users have different colors for the changes they make?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Simple answer: nothing usable and released yet. There are some (fairly major) complications when more than one user is making changes at one time... I'll post a bit more soon about what's going on there.