How to write with accents? (on a Mac)

Bug topics are moved here once they are fixed and released.
admin
Site Admin

Re: How to write with accents? (on a Mac)

Post by admin »

Sorry for the delay on this, it turned out that this was linked to partial inputs, as used by onscreen keyboards, voice input etc, which YMS didn't handle well. I've wanted to do something about that, but biting the bullet and attacking the whole issue was better than going after each individual trouble... so that's what I've now done, with the benefit that YMS is now much more touchscreen friendly, and much closer to where I want it in accessibility terms.

Please give the latest version (0.5.8.690) a try, and let me know about any ongoing issues or troubles?
dfrasquet

Post by dfrasquet »

Hi

Thanks for take time to solve the issue with the accents.
I tested with verison Client: 0.5.12.730 Server: 1.2.6.283
Browser: Safari
There is an advance, the issue of get the accent before tan the letter is solved and now the accent is in the correct place over the letter, just that automaticaly the accented letter appears duplicated, like "páágina" instead of the typed word "página". But well, this is close to be fixed.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmm. Okay, thanks for the heads-up, and I'll see if I can find how to duplicate this. Not sure if it's a Safari thing yet.
dfrasquet

Post by dfrasquet »

Hi
You're right, I tested just right now in another computer where I have Chrome and Firefox and the issue not happens. This is only happening in Safari
Thanks a lot for solve the problem
Regards
David
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Resolved this one a while back. Moving this to Fixed.