Reverted back to an old version with no warning

Bug topics are moved here once they are fixed and released.
pos

Reverted back to an old version with no warning

Post by pos »

What the subject says. I lost all my work. Would love to get it back. Had constant internet connection, was constantly saving, never hit "undo". Seems like a pretty big bug that will probably turn me off to youmescript forever if I can't get it back. Generally good interface but losing hours on hours of work with no reason or warning? Not worth it.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Reverted back to an old version with no warning

Post by admin »

Very sorry for your troubles, could you let me know exactly what happened? Also, if you felt able, sharing it with me at support@youmescript.com would mean I could unwind it for you... I realize you may not want to do that.

Can I ask what do you mean by "constantly saving"? You can't save in YouMeScript... you can either export it, or once you save it in Google Drive, every change you make is immediately saved.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

For others reading this, this led to finding out about a bug in Google's collaboration engine, which can (thank goodness, only very occasionally) lead to it silently failing to reconnect when the connection is lost, even for a short time. I've created a workaround to deal with it, and will release it later today.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Moving this to fixed.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:34 am.