How do I add page-breaks and line-breaks?

Post any questions someone here may be able to help you with.
admin
Site Admin

How do I add page-breaks and line-breaks?

Post by admin »

To add a page-break, you have to have your cursor at the start or the end of a paragraph (or in an empty paragraph). Right-click and select "Insert page-break".

To add a line-break, the simplest way is to hit ctrl+enter or cmd+enter on PC/Chrome OS or Mac respectively. You can also right-click and select "Insert line-break". Be aware that you can only add line-breaks in certain paragraph types, for instance in Actions, Dialogues, and Parentheticals.

When you're in an inline note (created by hitting "[") you always get a line-break when you hit enter. To get out of a note, either click elsewhere, or use the arrow keys etc.

Re: How do I add page-breaks and line-breaks?

Post by Guest »

Once I've added a page break, how do I delete it if I don't want it? Even when I try to undo it does nothing.
Also, how do I add text to a blank page break page? I have a little blurb I want to put on its own page before the script starts, but on the page break page it won't let me type anything.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To delete a page break, put your cursor in it, by clicking or using arrow keys etc, and then hit backspace.

Not sure I quite understand what you mean by page break page. The page break is on the page before, and there'll be an action paragraph or whatever, following it.

Apologies if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick..?

Post by Guest »

I put a page break before the first page, between the title page and the first "FADE IN." So my "Page 1" is a blank page, and the next page starts at the top with "FADE IN." That blank page is what I mean by the "page break page." When I put my cursor at the top of that page, it blinks below a dotted line, on a line labeled "Page Break." But I can't type anything on this page. If I press "Tab," nothing happens. If I press "Return," it jumps down to the next page and adds an "Action" line right before the "FADE IN." If I press "Backspace," the cursor goes back to the title page, into the section labeled "Contact Details," but does not delete the page break. If I put my cursor at the beginning of the "FADE IN" line and press "Backspace," nothing happens, the cursor just keeps blinking on "FADE IN" and the page break remains. So I can neither fill that blank page with anything, nor delete it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, I see what you mean... That first non title paragraph is handled slightly differently. I'll get that fixed asap.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Latest release has this issue fixed, sorry for any grief.