Continous "Saving to google drive" but doesn't save

Bug topics are moved here once they are fixed and released.
lwoRM

Continous "Saving to google drive" but doesn't save

Post by lwoRM »

Hi,

I am an administrator for a Google G Suite tenancy for a secondary school.

One of our departments would like to start using YouMeScript but has issues with connecting it to their Google Account.

It does in fact connect, and going to "open from google drive" does show the files/folders currently in Google Drive. But clicking "Save to Google Drive" does not actually save.

Any ideas?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Continous "Saving to google drive" but doesn't save

Post by admin »

OwiRM, sorry it's causing you troubles here. Let's try and sort this via email: support@youmescript.com then once it's done, I'll post back here.

Meanwhile, could you get to browser Developer Tools by hitting F12 (or by going through the browser menu) and seeing if there's any error reported on the "console" tab, assuming you're not seeing any relevant error message or similar message in the main program? You say it doesn't save, but to track this down I need to know what happens, how you know something's not right etc.

Is this a team drive or other special Google account?

Again many apologies, but hopefully with a bit more info I'll get you sorted asap.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Continous "Saving to google drive" but doesn't save

Post by admin »

This turned out to be a G-Suite admin permissions issue. I've posted an FAQ about getting those set correctly to allow permitted apps to access the relevant Drives... and am moving this to fixed.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:21 pm.