add-on not showing up after installation

Post any questions someone here may be able to help you with.
juliand

add-on not showing up after installation

Post by juliand »

i have installed YMS in chrome, or at leat i think i have, but it does not appear in my add-ons. do i have to restart chrome or is there something i am missing? or does it only work from https://youmescript.com ?
jd
admin
Site Admin

Re: add-on not showing up after installation

Post by admin »

Jd,
YMS isn't an add-on or extension, it's a website. It seems Chrome/Google sometimes believes otherwise, as you're not the first who's told me they've "installed' it. Not really sure what it means to install a website... but nothing good, I'd imagine.

- Jake.
juliand

Post by juliand »

hi jake,
iirc there was an install button, probably provided by google by accident. i certainly pressed something, then went looking for the add-on / extension, and of course didn't find it. thanks for the clarification.

i have started a test script (on the website), but i have not managed to work out how you add scene slugs or character names into the text. i can see you can add them to a list, but i cannot see how to get past that. is there a very brief intro help video? are there kbd shortcuts for adding the right formatting?
thx, jd
juliand

Post by juliand »

i have just discovered most of the answers to para two: right click > Pargagraph Types.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Whoops, didn't see your reply, sorry. Simplest ways are keep hitting return in an empty paragraph to cycle through the paragraph types, or hit tab or shift-tab. Also Final Draft control+number keys work, plus the right-click method you found.

For the cycle-through methods, the available choices are only those that fit with 'correct' formatting, ie the only things that can follow a Character are a Parenthetical or Speech.

- Jake