Scene Manipulation

Tell us about anything you think would make YouMeScript better.
Jack Aaron

Re: Scene Manipulation

Post by Jack Aaron »

I should say that I'm more than happy to upgrade to Pro.

Another question: is there a way to log time between writers? Like to see who has spent X and Y amount of time writing?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I can say for sure that automatic time-logging is a really difficult thing to do well: when your browser is open at that script but you're YouTubing on your phone, are you 'working'? I'd say no. Is googling the shape of an assassin's gun 'working'? I'd say yes, but YouMeSript would never know about it.

So instead, should it be based on the number of changes you're responsible for? The number of words you typed that made it into the final draft? The number of days on which you did something? Or a self-logging of hours? I'd be interested to hear if any other program has a solution that works okay.
Jack Aaron

Post by Jack Aaron »

Maybe have different options? But if you had to choose one I'd go with number of changes, probably. Or maybe just have like a Stats page for each writer showing values for changes, word count, time logged, etc.
Natxo

Post by Natxo »

It would be highly recommended to have a library of scenes where you can reorder them and reorder at the same time in the script. It is an essential part of all script software. Thanks for creating You Me Script, it is a good work tool.
Valdemar

Post by Valdemar »

Hi. I also agree.
To be able to reorder and add additional information to the scenes would be a great addition and would make this software basically ready for professional use.
I hope you can keep the great improvements.
Thanks for your work.