Dual-Dialogue

Bug topics are moved here once they are fixed and released.
rangus

Dual-Dialogue

Post by rangus »

I'm having issues formatting dual-dialogue on my Chromebook. It seems the shortcut "ctrl+shift+D" does nothing. As well as this, when I select the speech intended to be on the right and right-click, there is no option to select "Dual-Dialogue." I've consulted the forum, but the solutions on

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29

don't work for me. I have some issues with other keyboard shortcuts (for example "ctrl+shift+U" for cycle upper case doesn't work properly), so maybe there's an issue with Chromebooks or ChromeOS as a whole. Let me know if there's anything else I can try.
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dual-Dialogue

Post by admin »

rangus, I do see the issue with ctrl-shift-u, I'll look into that. However, I'm not getting any issues with dual dialogue, either with the shortcut or picking it from the right-click menu. For the "Make dual dialogue" option to be there, you have to be in the second dialogue block, and there can't be anything between that block and the previous one. If that's not what you're seeing, maybe get in touch with me by email and I'll try to get you sorted.

- Jake
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Interestingly, if you get interested by this sort of thing, on Chromebooks ctrl-shift-u allows inputting particular unicode characters by number... and therefore screws things up. Who knew? Is this new? May have to find a new shortcut for cycling upper case on Chromebooks.

- Jake
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Latest version has the cycle-case shortcut changed to Ctrl-Shift-Y - still can't find any issue with Dual-Dialogue shortcuts.

- Jake

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon May 18, 2020 11:45 am.