How Do I Add ACTS To My Script?

Post any questions someone here may be able to help you with.
jennjenn03

How Do I Add ACTS To My Script?

Post by jennjenn03 »

I know how to number my scenes, but I'm writing a television script and need to add ACTS/END OF ACTS. I cannot find where I can do this. Furthermore, I've tried to use the "Centered" slug to do this, but it's doesn't always show up when I toggle.
admin
Site Admin

Re: How Do I Add ACTS To My Script?

Post by admin »

Jennjenn, there isn't a specific Acts paragraph type yet, though it's on its way. Some people use a slug, and then underline, bold it etc. It's certainly not ideal, I'm very aware.

A specific tv format will arrive with a few other formats, with underlined bold scene headings etc.

Centered paragraphs are currently only available after Transitions and I believe Actions, though being able to force the paragraph type is also on The List. You can fake it with leading spaces, though even that is a pain: you have to add them directly after a letter, then delete the letter.

Sorry you're just not well served for that right now.

Post by Guest »

Okay, thank you. When the television version arrives, will we have to pay for another subscription, or will it me an option in the preexisting script?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Certainly not another subscription, but likely part of the regular upgrade.

[The model with YMS is (and likely will always be) that all the basics you need to collaboratively write and send out a spec movie will be free, but if you're in any way serious about it all, then the upgrade covers everything else. We're pretty much there at the moment with the free version, so most (though definitely not all) new 'plus' features will go into the ~$20/yr version. The only likely changes to this are the ability to upgrade a script (so collaborators all get upgrade features for that script), and perhaps an educational discount, though frankly it's about as cheap for everyone as it could possibly be right now, so...]

Fair enough?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I realize I somewhat misread your question... New formats will be options within YouMeScript, and you'll be able to switch between them for any existing script. Sorry if I rambled on.

Post by Guest »

Great, thank you so much!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:50 pm.