Exporting cyrillic alphabet

Alexey

Exporting cyrillic alphabet

Post by Alexey »

Dear admin,

I am writing scripts using russian language. The problem is, that when it comes to export, the pdf file does not show of cyrillic alphabet.

It would be supergreat if you could fix this problem.

Thank you for your application.

Best regards,
Alexey
admin
Site Admin

Re: Exporting cyrillic alphabet

Post by admin »

Alexey, you're right, and unfortunately the PDF export doesn't handle most Unicode scripts. However, in Chrome, Firefox, and pretty much every browser with an add-in or Printer-driver you can "Print..." to PDF instead. The layout is not quite as identical between browsers as PDF export is, but as a working alternative, it's waaay better than nothing.

[The problem with the PDF export is that currently there's no easy way to substitute fonts for characters that aren't in Courier Prime. I hope it'll happen some point, but...]

- Jake

Post by Guest »

Thank you for your reply,

I just have tried to use chrome built in print to pdf, it doesn't help. The page is blank.

Is there any other option to try?

Best regards,
Alexey
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Alexey, very sorry to hear that, that's unexpected. Are you using "Print..." from YouMeScript's menu (not the browser menu)?

I'll try and see if anything's going on there, but until then, aside from changing the font in Chrome's developer tools, I'm not sure if there's anything else I can suggest, I'm afraid... I'll think.

- Jake
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Alexey, just been testing that, and I'm able to Print Cyrillic to PDF in Chrome no problem. Can you think of anything else that may be going on that could be affecting that?

- Jake

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:02 pm.