Offline Version

Post any questions someone here may be able to help you with.
patmc321

Offline Version

Post by patmc321 »

How do I access the offline version that was saved? When I try to access the site as a test offline, I get an "offline" error in Chrome.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Offline Version

Post by admin »

patmc, the offline feature allows you to carry on working when you've already been editing. Part of the collaboration code is from Google, and can't be cached (oh the irony considering how hard they're pushing progressive, offline-first web-apps). So once your tab has been closed you can't continue editing that script until you get back online. When you're working offline your changes are backed-up into a local database provided by your browser. If you get back online and haven't closed the tab, then it'll just catch up. If you have closed the tab then it'll re-synch all your offline changes when you go back to that script.

I'll look at the dialogue that informs about all this, see if I can't make it a bit clearer.

Some of this will change this year as I switch it away from using external code, and it should become possible to reopen the script without reconnecting.

- Jake
garima

Re: Offline Version

Post by garima »

really great information