Importing from Celtx ? Plain text

Post any questions someone here may be able to help you with.
Tardis58

Importing from Celtx ? Plain text

Post by Tardis58 »

First I’m new to Google Docs and to YMS
I’ve worked for a while with Celtx and want to move away from it.

I’m Particularly interested in YMS to use with a school film making group
But also for my own projects.

Anyway Celtx, my cheap eduction version has no export feature apart from pdf or plain text

I know this is going to be painful but is there any technique I can use to import plain text

Thank you
Stephen
admin
Site Admin

Re: Importing from Celtx ? Plain text

Post by admin »

If your plain text is in Fountain format (take a look at https://fountain.io/ if this is new to you) then YouMeScript should handle it fine. Even being roughly right should work okay, though you should always read through the entire thing afterwards as misinterpretation problems can definitely crop up.
Tardis58

Post by Tardis58 »

Thanks for this but I’m still not managing
Celtix will export to a page of fountain
Which I can’t save easily apart from highlight the fo7nts8n format text copy and past into notebook or word.
I then can’t import to youmescript from there I just get a strange black screen with open windows on it.
I can’t paste intoit
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Your 'strange black screen with open windows' sounds strange indeed... not sure I'm understanding. Let's move this to email. Drop me some screenshots at support@youmescript.com and I'll see what's going on. Normal procedure is just to highlight then copy all the text you want from Word, notepad or wherever, switch to the youmescript.com tab, click where you want, then hit paste (ctrl+V).

- Jake.
naksh31

Post by naksh31 »

Excellent thread..!!!