File Updating Not Working

Please let us know about any bugs you find.
73forme

File Updating Not Working

Post by 73forme »

Hello,

I was recently looking back at some old work in my google drive from YMS but I have been getting the error that the scripts need to be updated and when I go to do it, it is unsuccessful. I know the system went through the Googleapocalypse but I don't know how to get the files out of my drive.

Thanks!
Aitolda

Re: File Updating Not Working

Post by Aitolda »

Same issue here.
nidahasa

Post by nidahasa »

same issue. i can't recover my old files
heidi.mcginnis

Post by heidi.mcginnis »

Me too!!! :'(
AndyRodman

Post by AndyRodman »

Same issue, many old scripts unable to update, have been lost
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Folks, I'm looking into this, but I'm terrified that Google has deleted the pre-Google-pocalypse data. Their Realtime-API site now says that the 'export endpoint' shut down on September 30th. I had no notice of this, and no reason before hearing from users, to look back there. I'm writing to them now to try to see if anything can be done to recover the data.

Honestly this is my, and every user's, worst nightmare. I don't know what else to say except to anyone affected I am so, so sorry.

- Jake
wesgardner

Post by wesgardner »

Hey folks, while we're waiting for a fix this is how I managed to get my backup YouMeScript file to open in Final Draft. I'm sure there's an easier way!
  • Opened a Google Drive backup using Google Docs. It will be in JSON format.
  • Copy & paste the entire text from Google Docs into https://jsoneditoronline.org/
  • In the JSON explorer go to Script > Elements and click the menu drop-down then pick Extract.
  • In the new extract, click the top-level item's menu button and choose Transform, then in Select Fields choose 'text'.
  • Then hit the Left Arrow button to move your extracted script text back to the Editor side, and choose Save to Disk.
  • Open the saved file in your preferred text editor. Delete the square brackets, and do a Find & Replace to remove all the junk spaces, quotation marks and commas. Save it as a Rich Text File.
  • Open the Rich Text File in Final Draft, and choose to open it as a Script. If you've cleaned the file up properly first, Final Draft will mostly have gotten the characters, dialogue, transitions and actions formatted correctly. You will have to go through and manually format parentheticals and other stuff Final Draft has messed up.
TurtleMaker

Post by TurtleMaker »

How do you open the google drive backup using google docs?
wranglervinny

Post by wranglervinny »

Any fix for this? It's very frustrating... can we rollback the app so we can at least re-save our work into other formats?
art886

Post by art886 »

I'm also eagerly awaiting an update about this. Has anyone found a workaround to recover these older files?