Cannot set property 'ranges' of null

Please let us know about any bugs you find.
ookete

Cannot set property 'ranges' of null

Post by ookete »

Hello,
I had written a script about 2.5 years ago using YouMeScript, and I just came back to the software and paid for an upgrade to Pro. I go to open the old script, and I see the following message:

"Owing to recent changes to YouMeScript, this file needs to be updated to the latest version. After it is loaded, you will be prompted to save it as a completely new file."

So I click on "Update file now", and I get a message that says "There's been an unexpected error... that's all we know unfortunately." Also, in the bottom right of the browser is a small error that says "Cannot set property 'ranges' of null."

Does this sound like something we can fix? I really want to access this script and am not sure of any other way.

Thank you!
art886

Re: Cannot set property 'ranges' of null

Post by art886 »

Did you ever get an answer for this? Or even a workaround? I'm in the exact same boat. I wrote a lot of screenplays about two and a half years ago, and they're all saved here in the old, unreadable format. I'm desperate to get these files back!
ETee

Post by ETee »

Me too.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Folks, I truly wish I could tell you different, but in September last year Google deleted all data that predated the system replacement in December 2018. They didn't warn app developers, and there were many other things they could have chosen to do instead, for instance just export the data... but they didn't. Google is meant to have a data-recovery service, but I haven't heard of anyone having success with that yet. For a lot of us, it's been absolutely gutting, I know mindmup and a bunch of other apps got hit too. I am so sorry if you're affected by it. There's not much I can do to make it up to anyone who didn't have backups or exports, and I'd completely understand if they never wanted to use the program again. All I can say is that unless Google decided to get rid of Drive, nothing like it can ever happen again.

- Jake