How do I center Text

Post any questions someone here may be able to help you with.
wolfie

How do I center Text

Post by wolfie »

I simply want to write things like ACT I in the center of the page. Is there command or way to do this?

thank you
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I center Text

Post by admin »

Very sorry for the delay on this. I read it and thought to myself: "Good grief, just right-click the paragraph and pick 'Centered', how hard is that for chrissakes?" ...but I just looked now and that's not an option. Which is a bug. Which is my fault not yours. And which will get fixed asap.

So, the workaround for right now is: first add a "Transition", say fade-out or whatever, then on the next paragraph tab or enter to cycle through types, and it'll include Centered. Then delete the Transition if you want.

- Jake
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

"Centered" is now available from the paragraph-type dialogue box, and also has its own shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+E or Cmd+Shift+E

- Jake
Pcolac

Post by Pcolac »

why is something as simple as centering so complicated ?
Pncolac

Post by Pncolac »

When I use the centering command it underlines the text. I don't want this. How do you simply center without it underlining ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are many things that a normal document editor allows, that are not found in a properly formatted film script. You can't see or hear 'centered', so what is it for? Non-standard formatting is one of the things readers complain about most, so I've generally tried to avoid allowing it. Happy to be persuaded otherwise, and have been on other issues, but I'd need to hear a pretty good argument for it.

- Jake