Anyway to get our deleted scripts back?

Please let us know about any bugs you find.
robetus

Anyway to get our deleted scripts back?

Post by robetus »

I had 3 short scripts deleted because I used this app and trusted it so I didn't back them up anywhere else. If anyone goes on using this software please perform exports of your scripts everyday. I'm never using it again due to what happened and I can't believe the creator is still asking for money for it. It deleted a lot of people's work and when I asked for support I got no response.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyway to get our deleted scripts back?

Post by admin »

If I missed an email, I'm very sorry, but I always try to respond to every email I get. Try me again at support@youmescript.com (make sure to use an email that doesn't bounce back, especially if you're a student).

For a while now, Automatic Backups have been available for all users.

- Jake
robetus

Post by robetus »

Okay, so can you answer my question on here then?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If they were scripts that haven't been opened or looked at since December 2018, then they are gone. Google deleted all data from their withdrawn service last summer without notifying users or app developers. They could have just warned us or exported them instead, but they didn't. A lot of us have been hit by this, MindMup, YMS etc, and honestly it has been completely gutting, and I'm really sorry if you've been hit too.

However if the scripts aren't old, then obviously this doesn't apply, so email me again, and I'll try to see what's going on for you.

- Jake