Page is unresponsive

Bug topics are moved here once they are fixed and released.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Page is unresponsive

Post by admin »

Well, you have every right to hate me for saying this, but this is great stuff: the program will end up better and more reliable for your troubles.

It's extremely likely, if it all started around then, that this IS the basis of all the problems. Today's release (later, I'll let you know) may be able to cope better.

In the longer term, I'm going to be taking greater control of sharing, as Google's pop-up dialogue isn't well matched with the somewhat different demands of script-sharing - for instance, their 'commenter' status relates to a different commenting structure that can't really be applied to YMS... and I can't hide it or get rid of it either.

I don't know if you've paid, but you're in for a free upgrade (once I add that ability). Whoot. Also, if you're interested, large new features go through a beta stage, which gives you the chance to influence how they're implemented. Let me know if you have any interest in joining in with that.
jones_fred70

Post by jones_fred70 »

So, uh, strange thing happened.
I checked again and the "undefined" writer appeared in the Recovered file.
I swore I didn't see that earlier. I may be wrong.
jones_fred70

Post by jones_fred70 »

Got the error finally!

"YMS 0.3.4.338 ROOT: https://youmescript.com" yms.min.js:217:248
TypeError: sa is null
yms.min.js:161:217
TypeError: sa is null
yms.min.js:161:217
Drive Realtime API Error: invalid_compound_operation: Open compound operation at end of synchronous block - did you forget to call endCompoundOperation()? api:388:188
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, that does look like an indirect consequence of the failure when getting collaborators, and should disappear when the main issue is handled correctly.

The next problem will be finding out how that issue is created in the first place. One thought: is a whole folder shared? Anything saved there would automatically pick up collaborators.
jones_fred70

Post by jones_fred70 »

I don't know what the "folder" is, I just shared it.
Also, my friend's script that he didn't share to anyone else also has "undefined" as a reader.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fred, a quick update, since the latest release has taken longer than I'd hoped. I was able to reproduce similar sounding issues to yours using the "Get Shareable Link" on the Google sharing dialogue-box... which has led down a rabbit-hole of dealing with 'anonymous' collaborators.

Some of the changes, though not large, have been pretty low-level and potentially wide-ranging, so I've been having to do robust testing to make sure I'm not causing other troubles, and that's been soaking up time.
jones_fred70

Post by jones_fred70 »

I just exported into .txt and imported as a new script.
It didn't work last time, but now it did.
I'd like to keep experimenting with this corrupted one htough.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fred yes, please don't delete that original yet. I'd like to know whether its troubles go away with today's release.
jones_fred70

Post by jones_fred70 »

I posted in GrandWizard's thread, but I'll stick to here for my own problems for organization.

Anyways, I was able to export and import the script as a new script yesterday, and I was able to work on my script for the first time in a week.
However, I shared with GrandWizard (not through shareable link), but he couldn't open it.
We have no "unknown" collaborator.
Today, I couldn't open it.
The page will say Loading for a long time, and it just shows 2 blank pages when it's done.
I can't type, import the .txt again, or do anything.

"YMS 0.3.4.338 ROOT: https://youmescript.com" yms.min.js:217:248
TypeError: I is null
yms.min.js:251:35

I got the same things as always in the Console.
We always appreciate your attention to the problem at hand.
jones_fred70

Post by jones_fred70 »

The "Debugger" tab in the f12 area has some "Error" and "null" and "Please close window" and other scary stuff in a red font. I don't know what it means, though.

When I tried to copy paste it here, it was way too long, so I'll PM it to you.