Page is unresponsive

Bug topics are moved here once they are fixed and released.
anon

Re: Page is unresponsive

Post by anon »

I can't get the Error message anymore since the page won't recognize my typing.
The only thing that happens is that it says "Loading..." and return ot the previous page when I Backspace.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay Anon, with the latest version (build 338) you can try this:

In the address-bar of your browser, in the long complicated line of gibberish replace the word "open" with the word "rescue", being careful with the quotes etc, and leaving everything else exactly the same. Then hit enter to load the page.

Sorry it's awkward, I'll add the rescue option as an option in the menus somewhere. Let me know what happens.

Also, please do let me know what browser and platform (PC/Mac/Chromebook etc) you're on?
anon

Post by anon »

I left the page open for a few hours, since usually doing so allows me to actually type something.
By typing, I was able to get the error message, but the new (RECOVERED) file still wasn't responding.
So, I changed the "open" to "rescue" to make the (RECOVERED)(RECOVERED) file, which still doesn't work.

I'm using Firefox on Windows 7.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Arrgh.

Okay, next steps. In Firefox, can you hit F12 to bring up the developer tools, then hit the "Console" tab, and reload a page and generate the error. Then, when the error details appear, could you right-click, select all, then copy it. You should be able to see that there's nothing identifying nor any script stuff in there. Then either post it here, or email it to me at admin@youmescript.com

Once again, many apologies, and thanks for trying all this.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

...or you can PM me here, though not sure if you have to be logged in for that.
jones_fred70

Post by jones_fred70 »

This is when the page it says "Loading..." and I can't type at all:

YMS 0.3.4.338 ROOT: https://youmescript.com" yms.min.js:217:248
TypeError: a is null
yms.min.js:238:12

I will post again when I am able to type and get an Error window.

edit: oh, this is my account btw. I've been using anon for consistency, but I'll switch to this account
edit 2: I got the same result from opening the original and Recovered files
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah... even that small error report is already helpful info. I'll carry on looking into it, and if you get the full error report, let me know.
jones_fred70

Post by jones_fred70 »

I can't do much other than click a bunch of times and I got this:

"YMS 0.3.4.338 ROOT: https://youmescript.com" yms.min.js:217:248
TypeError: a is null
yms.min.js:238:12
TypeError: I is null
yms.min.js:138:321
yms.min.js:138:480

I can't replicate the Error message reliably, so that will have to wait.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fred, I just noticed that in the second image you posted, it's apparently shared with an "undefined" writer... I have no idea how that could happen, as sharing is entirely through Google, but maybe you do? It's almost certainly the cause of the errors you're seeing now (even if not necessarily the cause of the original problem) as I'd come to the conclusion that there must be a corrupted collaborator, and am currently switching things up to cope with that situation.
jones_fred70

Post by jones_fred70 »

I don't really know how that happened either.
I invited someone to view, and around the same time, problems started to happen.
The individual has Google Drive, so I don't know what warranted the "undefined" note.
Anyways, I un-shared the script with that individual, but the same problems persist.

Also, the Recovered files haven't been shared, so the fact that the problem carries over to the Recovered files might mean that this problem may have started from a bug in the sharing process but has ended into something more complicated.
I'm not too sure; I just write, haha.

So anyways, here is the status:
1) The original script has 3 Collaborators: me (Owner), my friend (Writer), and "undefined" (Writer). I un-shared the person who should've been "undefined," but "undefined" remains as one of the writers.
2) The Recovered scripts have only myself as the writer. The page still isn't responding and has the same stuff in the "Console."
3) Other scripts and new scripts remain unaffected. My friend shared a script with me, and I was able to write with no problems. I will test what happens when he messes with what happens when he changes me to "View only" while I'm writing.