Theatrical / Play formats.

Tell us about anything you think would make YouMeScript better.
admin
Site Admin

Theatrical / Play formats.

Post by admin »

Title says it all... but any comments and requests welcome.
BlueCricket

Re: Theatrical / Play formats.

Post by BlueCricket »

I'm new to the product and site. Are there any plans for a playwright format option? Most of what I want is there, but I want to be able to do the Setting and AT RISE for the first page of the Act. Also I was wondering if I can get a page after the Title and prior Act I for Cast, Scene and Time as well. In short, a stage play mode would be awesome.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

BC, thanks for trying YMS, and yep, I'd definitely like to do a Play format (though you're actually only the second person who's asked for it). It won't happen immediately, but hopefully soonish...

You might be able to speed things along a bit, if you knew of a link to a correctly (in your mind) formatted play, either a PDF or HTML page. If it had all the possible extra elements that are found in plays but not screenplays, that'd obviously be ideal.
BlueCricket

Post by BlueCricket »

You mean to share with you? This pdf has a lot of what I had in mind.

http://ptfaculty.gordonstate.edu/lking/ ... tting2.pdf

Page 8 is the title page. I think you have that pretty much done.
Page 9 is the cast, the scene, and time. I think that's the main difference.
Page 10 is what I also find a little difficult to do in screen play format, the setting and AT RISE (the opening.)

There's little differences like the page numbers (i.e. I 1-1) Act Scene Page#

If you read the rest I think you'd see that you have pretty much everything else down. Maybe you would shave away the slug/pan/camera stuff. I'm wondering what else the community would have in mind. I'm also curious if there's anyone out there who's written a play with this program. Maybe this idea is another app entirely. Anyway this is a beautiful app. Good job.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Perfect, thanks.
voscranton

Post by voscranton »

Add me to the list. I like the idea of having a playwrite feature.
K25

Post by K25 »

Same- count me in for that stageplay format.
SL Settimi

Post by SL Settimi »

I too came here in hopes of finding a theatrical stage play set up. So, definitely count me in for Playwriting format, if you decide to develope that format as well as what you have, it would be wonderful!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I keep wanting someone to send me a link or even better a breakdown of a fairly standard play format. I know next to nothing about play formats except that every one I've seen is different from every other. If there's a standard one I don't know about, please let me know, and maybe we can make this happen!

support@youmescript.com

- Jake
thelizardfolk

Post by thelizardfolk »

admin wrote:I keep wanting someone to send me a link or even better a breakdown of a fairly standard play format. I know next to nothing about play formats except that every one I've seen is different from every other. If there's a standard one I don't know about, please let me know, and maybe we can make this happen!

support@youmescript.com

- Jake
Do you still want or need a theater format?

Gordon State College has a good theater script breakdown: https://ptfaculty.gordonstate.edu/lking ... tting2.pdf