Theatrical / Play formats.

Tell us about anything you think would make YouMeScript better.
rjhomuth

Re: Theatrical / Play formats.

Post by rjhomuth »

Hi! Just bumping this thread -- love YouMeScript but would love it even more if I could align dialogue/character names to the left and have them on the same line. Thanks!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The real problem doing this is the way that parentheticals / actor-directions are mixed in an ungodly intermingling with the dialogue, not socially distanced in any way. Not saying it's impossible, but it's by no means easy. There'll be a push for alternative formats fairly soon, and I'll look at it again then most likely.

- Jake
rjhomuth

Post by rjhomuth »

admin wrote:The real problem doing this is the way that parentheticals / actor-directions are mixed in an ungodly intermingling with the dialogue, not socially distanced in any way. Not saying it's impossible, but it's by no means easy. There'll be a push for alternative formats fairly soon, and I'll look at it again then most likely.

- Jake
Thanks for the quick response! I figured there wasn't an easy fix for this, otherwise we'd have it already. Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring. Appreciate all your hard work!
amsterdamshusi

Post by amsterdamshusi »

First off: love the software! THANK YOU for creating it!

Second: I've been writing a play using the software and, while it does the trick, I find that there are still a few subtle differences I find myself wanting. Here is a link to a stage play manuscript format guide: https://downloads.bbc.co.uk/writersroom ... tageus.pdf. This is pretty consistent with the manuscript formatting I've seen/used in the past.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:29 pm.