editing scripts

divinemuzik

editing scripts

Post by divinemuzik »

Having trouble when I click on the "characters" tab on the prompt on the left side of the script page. A pop-out window opens with all my character names, but I can't change them. I can't even get my cursor to allow me to type in the new pop-out window. I've tried with other editing prompts opened from the left side of the page as well, and I cannot get my cursor to allow typing in any of the pop-out windows. All I can do is continue working on the script itself. I don't want to have to go back through the entire script to replace a character name or a word, but with my cursor not allowing me to type in any of the pop-out windows, this is the only way to edit my script. Please help! I am able to type in the forum because it's not a pop-out window, it's an entirely new window that redirects to a different page all together. It's not an issue with the computer itself. Not sure if editing is only available to subscribers, all I did was attach this app to my google drive and began using it. If I need to subscribe for certain features like editing, please let me know and if possible make it known whenever one of those features requiring subscription is accessed. Just a suggestion. Thank you!!
admin
Site Admin

Re: editing scripts

Post by admin »

DM, very sorry about the grief... and no there's no subscription required or anything, you ARE having troubles. Can I ask which browser you're using, and on which platform (PC, Mac, Chromebook etc)? And are you using a virtual (screen) keyboard? Are we talking about the boxes that open when you hit the "Edit" (pen) button to the right of the character?

I will get this worked out and fixed for you, but I need a bit more info to get started: YMS is so new I'm still finding the odd issue here and there.
Divine muzik

Post by Divine muzik »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. My issue is with the editing functions on the left side of the script page. Particularly the one that looks like a frame of film. This is where I am supposed to be able to edit character names or change certain words throughout the script. Once I click on "characters" a pop-out box appears with all the character names and I can choose to edit the name or delete the character. When I choose to edit, I cannot type over or erase any of the old name.
I am on a Mac primarily, using the latest version of safari as my browser. Hope this helps. Thanks again.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DM yes, that helps, thank you. I'll try and find out what could be going on. Could you try something for me if you get the chance? Ctrl-click on a character in your script, to get the context menu, and select "Change 'Bob'..." (or whatever the name is). Let me know if you can't change it there as well?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DM, so far we can't reproduce this on the combinations of Safari and Mac we can access. We'll keep trying, but is there anything else you can think of that might make your setup different in any way? And is it true for all scripts or just one?
divinemuzik

Post by divinemuzik »

I can't think of anything that would make my setup different. And I'm only writing one script so far, so I don't have any others to check and see if the same thing occurs. I will try the context menu suggestion. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DM, can you give it a try with the latest? (Build 508) I'm by no means certain it will have fixed things for you, but it may well. Let me know, thanks.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:45 am.