Can you restore earlier revisions?

Tell us about anything you think would make YouMeScript better.
kgilbert

Can you restore earlier revisions?

Post by kgilbert »

In Google Docs, you can use Revision History to restore earlier revisions. Is that a possibility on YouMeScript? If so, how do you do it?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can you restore earlier revisions?

Post by admin »

K,
right now, it's something that I have done for people who've got in trouble (a collaborator has deleted everything, for instance), but it demands that they share their script with me, obviously NOT something everyone would want to do. But once I've finished the UI for it, it'll arrive for subscribed/upgraded users - I'm about to release the first 'upgrade' version which has automatic backups; full revision history will come very soon after that.

Post by Guest »

Just adding a big +1 to the full revision history feature here. Out of all the features listed as upcoming for pro users, this is the one that really makes it or breaks it for me, since it makes me feel safe collaborating with non-tech-savvy co-authors who might well accidentally delete all our work! Outlining tools and PDF Export would be great, but the lack of them wouldn't STOP me using YouMeScript.

Do you have an updated ETA for adding full revision history to the UI, and will it be retrospectively available? (i.e. can go back to revision versions made before you finished and released the UI)?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Guest,
thanks for that, and point well taken.
- Automatic backups available now in the pro version adds possibly the biggest safety factor - the point is it's a totally different (non-collaborative) file format stored in a different folder, and updated up to every fifteen minutes, so immune from corruption/deletion of the main file etc.
- Right now I'm preparing PDF export for release, and I think I'll do the Full Revision history UI immediately after that, so it shouldn't be more than a week or two to release. Yes, it WILL work retrospectively, though the actual 'time' of each revision won't be available all the way back for existing files, so finding a particular moment in the past may need a little searching.

Thanks for getting involved though; I need opinions, so if there's any other input you have, feel free.